Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
The School implements the Sydney Catholic Schools’ Inquiry and Review Cycle of improvement which outlines the processes and benchmarks for creating the culture and practice of continuous improvement with students as the focus. The School’s Strategic Improvement plan and Inquiry and Review cycle is based on the Sydney Catholic Schools Strategic Plan: New Horizons.
Each year, the School develops an Annual Improvement Plan indicating the intended key improvements for student learning outcomes. The plan is drawn from the School’s Strategic Improvement Plan and informed by the document New Horizons: Inspiring Spirits and Minds. The School engages in an annual evidence-based evaluation of its effectiveness against these external standards in collaboration with the Regional Consultant. A copy of the Strategic Improvement Plan and the Annual Improvement Plan may be obtained from the school administrative office.
Key Improvements Achieved in 2019
- Revitalise the Schools Vision and Mission based on its charism to enliven the schools
motto “Believe, Persist, Achieve”.
- Provide targeted support for students across a range of diverse learning needs through
the use of data.
- Explore opportunities that highlight the importance of setting high expectations for all.
- Engage in Sydney Catholic Schools Gifted Education Naturally Embedded (Gene) program
to develop consistent methods of teaching and learning differentiation.
- Continue to promote the school throughout the broader community.